Tuesday, May 18, 2010

You never want to be the guy marching into Russia

I wanted to see Babies since I saw the preview on Jezebel.  I find babies entertaining that's all. Plus I'm inclined to like documentaries.  So I had to find a movie theater in D.C. that was screening the film.  That search took me to Landmark E St Cinema on Saturday.
The movie, well I left about 10 minutes early because it was a beautiful day outside and I was kind of bored.  But the theater was a wonderful find.  They show movies I thought I'd have to wait to see till I visit NYC.  They sell wine and beer.
My fellow moviegoers were old and friendly.  One particular curmudgeon was conversing loudly with the man who took our tickets.  He was talking WWII strategy and suggesting alternate strategies that could have changed history.  He wondered if Hitler should have marched toward Moscow sooner.  The ticket guy responded: "You never want to be the guy marching into Russia." All of us seated on the bench, waiting to be seated, nodded solemnly.  You can't argue with that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment