Monday, May 24, 2010

I Assume You're all Good Eaters

I went to NYC with my family.  We went on a Pizza Walking Tour.  I love walking tours.  I walked around Europe with mine sister and I am filled with excitement with the week of free walking tours in D.C. comes around.  I have been given walking tours twice as presents.  I collect them.
I do not eat pizza.  I eat a bit of wheat but no cheese.  I do like tomato sauce.  So, the nice tour guide's assumption was wrong.  But mine family helped me out by eating extra pizza and stealthily passing the fresh, unsalted mozzarella cheese along to the next person.  Not eating pizza did not take away from the tour.  I had the chance to walk around Little Italy and the surrounding blocks on a beautiful NYC days.  I saw where they still build the pizza ovens sent around the world.  It was a great opportunity for people watching.  The tour guide talked some history which was awesome.  She was wearing a polka dot dress and transitions lenses.
I will say that I could not compete with the enthusiasm of some of my fellow walkers.  They gasped.  They laughed aloud and exclaimed "Really?"  They were overcome by joy from the tomatoes.  One of them said "Holy Cow" more than once.
As our tour finished, we noticed other groups of food walking tours around us.  I will definitely look into doing another one with my family- it was a great way to spend time together. Although we may never be able to find a walking tour where all of us want to eat what is offered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment