Saturday, May 15, 2010

That's Bull(s)

Ceiba is located just one block from Metro Center and they have a $5 cocktail all night- a different one for each day of the week.  I was there on a Thursday so we drank sangria and dark and stormys.  I'd go back on a Friday to try the house margarita.  The bartender didn't tell me about this deal and it isn't listed on the menu (it is highlighted on the menu posted outside) so just a heads up.  I was saved from paying for a more expensive drink by a friend who arrived just in time.  The bartender said "Go Pennsylvania!" when he saw my license so no hard feelings.
Ceiba also has hooks beneath its bar for your bag which I love.  Chef Geoff's has this feature as well and it's just so convenient.  Your drink will come with a little plastic bull hanging off its side so you can add to your herd throughout the evening.  The sangria (we had white) was good and I was told that the dark and stormy was strong (oh hello rum).  During my walk to and from the bar, I saw the waiters and diners carrying what looked like delicious food which we didn't stay to sample.
It was a good happy hour spot for when you want to hear the people next to you and have a place to sit.  Plus they have hooks!  See you there next Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment