Friday, May 14, 2010

The Old Yoga Try

Yoga is very intimidating to me.  Which is not surprising because most things are.  Grocery shopping is not.  Driving is not.  Directions and bicycling are.  So it goes.
Coming to enjoy yoga is one of my goals for this time off.  Mine sister is great at yoga and enjoys it and I trust her.  So I went to Yoga District for Flow Yoga 1.  I was immediately made more comfortable by the fact that my fellow posers wore unis with t-shirts and sweatpants with MINNESOTA on the back.  We smiled at each other.
Our teacher had hearing loss and read lips.  She spoke about her grandmother.  One day her grandmother accidentally put laundry detergent in the dishwasher and foam filled the kitchen.  But the dishes smelled wonderful.  This was part of a lesson on absentmindedness and the importance of laughing at yourself.  She was great and didn't do too much readjusting.
I enjoyed the class and I'll go back.  It was hard for me but also calming.  We did legs up the wall which is a yoga pose that I have already incorporated into my every day life (thanks to mine sister).  It was physical therapy for my shoulder and a reminder that I should do physical therapy for my shoulder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment